The system is designed and managed by medical professionals with high-level domain expertise in public health, occupational health, radiology, laboratory services and other related specialties.
The main features of our system are:
- A centralised registration and payment system with standard fees.
- Employers' choice of the registered doctor for their foreign workers' medical examination.
- A standardised medical examination based on a format as stipulated by the Ministry of Health.
- Medical certifications of the suitability of foreign workers for employment in Malaysia as based on criteria set by the Ministry of Health
- Monitored and supervised medical examinations through IT surveillance and inspectorate activities.
- Medical reports from doctors, X-ray facilities and laboratories are submitted independently and electronically to FOMEMA.
- Re-transmissions of medical status of foreign workers are transmitted electronically to Immigration Department Headquarters to facilitate issuance of work pass or deportation.
Benefit to the employer
- A healthier workforce in the country.
- Prevention of the spread of identified communicable diseases to other workers or the family and children.
- Increased productivity through a reduction in absenteeism due to illness. Lower incidence of imported diseases and lower morbidity and mortality due to less communicable diseases.
- A standard medical fee with no compromise on quality with a greatly reduced level of abuse of the medical examination procedure.
- A reduction in healthcare cost to employers, taxpayers and the Government as a result of a healthier foreign workforce leading to a better use of local public health facilities for the citizens.
- Transmission of medical results are transmitted independently and electronically, thus averting physical handling or tampering of medical reports by employers or agents thus ensuring integrity of the health-screening system.
- Centralised electronic transmission of results to facilitate the employers' application or renewal of their foreign workers' permit in a timely manner.
- Access for the Government authorities to a centralised database, providing timely information and vital statistics relating to communicable diseases to facilitate immediate counter-action and prevention activities.
Format of medical examination
The medical examination must be carried out within 30 days from the date of registration.
Details of medical examination covered under our system as stipulated by the Ministry of Health are as follows:
Medical History On:
|Psychiatric Illnesses||Epilepsy||Cancer||Sexually Transmitted Diseases|
|Malaria||Hypertension||Heart Diseases||Bronchial Asthma|
|Diabetes Mellitus||Peptic Ulcer||Kidney Diseases||... and others|
General Examination, to take note of:
|Height and Weight||Pulse Rate and Blood Pressure||
Last Menstrual Period (LMP for female
|Chronic Skin Rash||Anaesthetic Skin Patch||Deformities of Limbs|
|Anaemia||Jaundice||Lymph Node Enlargement|
|Vision Test||Hearing Ability||... and others|
Systems Examination of:
|Cardiovascular System||Respiratory System|
|Gastrointestinal System||Nervous System|
|Mental Status||Genitourinary System|
For blood grouping (A,B, AB, or O and Rh)
For HIV, Hepatitis B, VDRL and Malaria
For colour, specific gravity, sugar, albumin and microscopic examination
For opiates, cannabis and pregnancy (for female)
|Chest X-ray||Physical examination of the foreign worker must be carried out first before chest X-ray examination.|